How to reduce carbon footprint

How to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint

Banner for Article Pandemic Precautions

How to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint & Stress During a Pandemic

Nadine McKenzie explains the easiest way to reduce your carbon footprint and stress levels during the looming lockdown.

How to reduce carbon footprint

SUPPLY SHORTAGES

“As Covid wave pushes up demand,
Costco limits purchases of toilet
paper and water.”

 

New York Times, September 26th, 2021

       Before the next pandemic, it’s time to ask yourself this question. Is my family prepared for another lockdown? Now we have more insight on what items we’ll be unable to find and which will be limited. Are you ready? First, when the pandemic hit, the unknown caused mass hysteria at grocery stores. Immediately after bottled water and toilet paper could not be found anywhere and the population went into a panic. Meanwhile the headlines we’re flooded with long wait times, shortages and no available supplies. 

PANDEMIC LINES

        Subsequently, logistics and production shortages meant communities had to ration the amount of little supply that remained. Consumers stood in line for hours to buy groceries and everyday items to survive the lockdown with no end in sight.

That was over two years ago. As of November 26th, the CDC is reporting a new vaccine resistance variant strain. Re-openings have been put on pause and another lockdown seems imminent. What has your family done to be prepared?

The reality is water is the most important thing we can have in any case of emergency. As a result, families have resorted to overstocking cases of bottled water. However, many fail to realize that if you are storing bottled water for a disaster, you need storage solutions to keep your water organized and safe for use. Water bottles exposed to sunlight have been linked to the omittance of carcinogens.

Consequently, a recent study by the non-profit watchdog organization Environmental Working Group (EWG) asserts that millions are drinking water containing carcinogens and that may be responsible for more than 100,000 cases of cancer. “Improving water quality at the tap and investing in measures for source water protections represent opportunities for protecting public health and decreasing potential disease incidence due to environmental pollution.” Olga Naidenko, Ph.D.  Read more here. https://www.ewg.org/news-insights/our-experts/olga-naidenko-phd

How to reduce carbon footprint

Reduce carbon footprint: WATER BOTTLE POLLUTION

        In addition to the Government of Canada’s plan to achieve zero plastic waste by 2030. On October 7th, 2020 Prime Minister Trudeau announced On October 7th, 2020 a federal ban on single-use plastic products, with regulations to be finalized by the end of this year. In fact, only 20% of all water bottles are recycled. The other 80% our ending up in our landfills. In 2016 water bottles accounted for 29,000 tonnes of plastic waste, the equivalent of 2.3 billion single-use plastic water bottles.

Subsequently, more legislation is heading into place. likewise, more studies linking climate change to the 3 billion tonnes of plastic garbage, the expense and scarcity of bottled water in the future will far outweigh its convenience. Clean drinking water doesn’t have to be a burden on you, your time or the environment. You can be prepared, protect your family without contributing to the climate change crisis or standing in long lineups.

Reduce carbon footprint: PROTECT YOUR WATER

       Pure filtered tap water offers better protection for your family and the environment at a fraction of the cost of bottled water. Whole-Home Filtration systems cost more upfront, but offer greater benefits and savings over their lifetime. These systems eliminate chlorine taste and odor by using a 4, 5, or 6 stage filters that connects to your home’s main supply line and allow your hot and cold water to be filtered throughout the entire house. A specialist comes to your home, tests your water and advises you on the best system for your household. No more grocery store lines up, no water advisory concerns, no carbon footprint. Just pure drinking water, straight from the tap.

Recommended 

Whole-Home Water Filtration System: Includes 4 stages of purification. 

  1. Catalytic Carbon
  2. KDF Medium
  3. Coconut Carbon
  4. 5 Micron Filter

Keep in contact with us!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.